Friday, October 25, 2013

An Introduction to My Blog (And a Funny Story to Boot)

Hey everyone. I would love to try to avoid this being like a real "introduction" post if at all possible, but it doesn't seem like that is really going to work.

My name is Jordan (as if you couldn't already tell that by the name of the blog), I'm 16 years old, and I am a fangirl. Not just a little bit of a fangirl, but a massively huge one. If there's something I could possibly obsess over, I'm there. Anyways. A few weeks ago, I started making youtube videos, just for the heck of it. If you're interested in that channel, you can find me here: http://www.youtube.com/thisisjordanslife

If not, and you're just here for the hilarity that is me, that's cool too.

Basically I want to use this as a journal of sorts, to talk about the things that are too small or insignificant to talk about in an actual video, but are still funny, never the less. Perhaps sometimes there will be crossovers; I'll say some of the same things in a video as I say here, but bear with me. I'm new to all of this.

Just a funny story to top off this magnificent (not really, I'm exaggerating again) post, I'll tell you something that happened to me a few days ago.

I was at my old school (I'm homeschooled now, but they still let me come to some of the events), and I was playing basketball with a bunch of the other kids. Now, I'm pretty good at basketball, and I'm even one of the people that guys will fight to have on their team. However, there were also some not so good kids playing - especially kids that don't really care about rules. Traveling, double dribbling. Nothing is off limits, and it drives me absolutely crazy.

At any rate, one of those kids was playing defense on me, and it just so happened to be a very small, 6th grade girl. She is extremely aggressive, and kind of annoys me, but that's okay. I realize that's just the way some kids are. I had the ball and this girl comes up behind me, throws her arms around me, and just starts FLAILING. Absolutely fouling me left and right. I just manage to pass the ball to another person in my team when three (not one, not two, THREE) of her fingers make their way into my eye. MY EYE. Everybody was running around me, babying me, and I told everyone I was fine.

I was not fine.

I had to excuse myself to go to the bathroom, and thank HEAVENS my contact didn't tear. I'm okay now. But goodness, that hurt.

So yeah. I hope that was an interesting way to start off this blog. I don't know if that's the kind of thing I'm always going to be posting, but I had fun telling someone this story. :P

Talk at you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment