Sunday, October 27, 2013

Surprise Bruises and Dreaming

I can't be the only one that this happens to.

Some days I'll wake up, and my legs will be absolutely covered with bruises. This happened to me today. I have no idea where they came from, or why they're there. I think it might have something to do with the fact that I roll around in my sleep. Even though I don't have any dreams (at least that I can remember), I am pretty sure that the thoughts in my head are pretty violent. Or, at the very least, extremely messed up.

If my dreams are anything like my fiction writing, I can imagine why my legs are bruised up.

Not only that, but I am extremely aggressive on my environment. Basically, that's a less embarrassing way to say I'm a clumsy freak. I run into walls on a regular basis, and slam my knees into tables at least once a day.

Probably I do that in my sleep as well. There's honestly no good way to tell for sure what goes on during the night in my room (at least not without setting up a video camera, which there is no way I'm ever going to do), but I do know something about my sleep patterns.

A little while ago, I found an app on my iPhone that tracks how you sleep. You basically just turn it on before you go to bed, and it shows how you sleep. This is my pattern:


Wide awake, wide awake, and then basically dead. Apparently when I fall asleep, I go down hard. I am a heavy sleeper, and I am not ashamed to admit it.  

Maybe that's why I don't remember dreams. I'm just in too deep of a sleep to remember them when I finally get up. Maybe I'm just so consumed in them that my brain thinks it's a better idea to keep them hidden. 

Or maybe they're just so disturbing that my mind refuses to remember them.

Probably that.

No comments:

Post a Comment